We all know that no network is secure unless you keep it updated and secured from your end. Usually, most of the cyber-attacks are committed on a personal account and can be done from anywhere in the world. If your Spectrum WiFi password is encrypted, it becomes tough for anyone to use. However, if it is not, the password becomes easy to crack and to get access.
Thus, it is very important to keep your Spectrum WiFi protected with WPA2 encryption. This allows you to shut the door for anonymous hackers to get into your network and use it. However, if you do not know the process to do it, this guide on how to Change WiFi Password Spectrum will surely help you.
To change your Spectrum WiFi password, the first thing that you need to do is to log into the Spectrum WiFi and then change the password. To log into the Spectrum WiFi, you can easily follow these basic steps below:
The first step that you need to follow is to plug in the Spectrum compatible router. Make sure that it is properly connected with the LAN port and also configured before you log in to the account.
The next step is to connect to the router. You can easily do it by connecting via WiFi or by entering the password. If you want direct connectivity, you can plug in the Ethernet to the PC. If you have forgotten the password, try to reset the username and password.
After connecting with the Spectrum WiFi, you need to open your web browser. Simply type on 192.168.0.1 which will redirect you to the home page of the router! Enter the Username and password which will allow you to log in to the Spectrum WiFi Router.
How to View Current WiFi Information?
Before you change the password, it is always important to know that your network is secured or not. You can find the relative information on the View current WiFi information available on the Spectrum WiFi homepage. You can follow these steps below to know more:
- First of all, login back to the Spectrum WiFi homepage by typing 192.168.0.1. Now you can go directly to the home page. Enter your username and password to login to the home page. By default, the username is set as Admin and the password is set as “Password”.
- Once you log in, a new web page will open up which will show your initial details. You can check for the Spectrum WiFi Network name and the password. You can also check for the configuration details including the Network, Wireless, SSID and Gateway.
- You can note it down or screenshot the information for future use in case the configuration or the WiFi setting goes away.
How to Change Spectrum WiFi Password and Username?
Changing the Spectrum WiFi password and the username is the most important aspect that you need to consider if you wish to keep your router safe. Ideally, you need to make sure that it is encrypted with WPA2 standards. Here are the steps to follow:
- Connect your PC to the Spectrum WiFi modem and then go to the login page. You can follow the steps mentioned above to perform a Spectrum Router login and get the details as per your requirement.
- You need to enter the username and the password as mentioned with your modem. If you do not have the password, you can go to the official Spectrum website and search for your model. You will get the details. Fill it up with the right combination provided.
- Go to the settings menu where you will find some options as well as pieces of information for the same. You need to click on the WiFi option where you can change the password.
- Type your new WiFi password on the field and you can get the option to change the username as well. Change the username as per your wish and keep it private.
- Once it is done, you need to click on Save to store the changes. Now you can discard the page and connect with the router again.
Changing Spectrum Router Internet Password
Along with the router password, it is also necessary for you to change the Spectrum Router Internet password. Changing it gives you an extra level of protection which allows you to make it secure. However, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- The first thing that you need to do is to connect with the Spectrum Router Internet with your PC. You can see the status of your connection in the WiFi option available on the Taskbar.
- Open up the Network and Sharing Center from your Windows PC. In the case of your Mac, you can Keychain Access Application and then go for Utilities.
- Now you can see the WiFi network name next to the connections mentioned in the page. This will allow you to get more details. Now you need to select the Wireless property and then to the Security Tab.
- Once you open it up, you can now go to the Show Characters’ options. You can see the password which is available on the Network Security Key field.
- Once you are done with this, you can now go to the Spectrum official website. However, this option is only available for routers before 2013. If your router is new, you can open the My Spectrum App.
- Open up the application from your Smartphone and then log in to your account. If you are doing this for the first time, you need to sign up for the application with your details. Fill it up and then go to the next step.
- Now you need to click on the Services option. Here your Username and password are displayed accordingly. You can now change both the username and the password as per your requirement and then click on Update.
- Now you need to enter the new network name and the password for reconfirmation and then click on Save Changes. Discard the page and you are set to continue with the work.
How to Recover Your WiFi Username & Password?
Changing your password often is one of the best practices to keep your router secure, but if you have not changed it yet and still go to the auto-login option, you may forget the password. So it is very important to recover the password and then change it.
Here are some of the steps that you can follow.
- The first thing that you can do is to check the bottom of the device. This is probably the easiest step that you can follow. Usually, all the routers and modems come with a sticker at the bottom of the product which mentions the username and the password. This is basically for your installation. However, with time it may get removed. If you do not find it, you can follow the steps below.
- Go to the Spectrum portal to recover your password. You can easily enter the account details and login to the Spectrum portal. However, if you have still lost your account details and your password, simply click on the Forgot Password Link.
- Once you click on it, you will be asked to input some of your WiFi names and credentials. You can find the relative information about your WiFi mentioned in the steps above. Simply enter the details and the new username and Password will be shared with you on your email.
- Open up the new username and password and then sign in with the same. Once you sign in, go to managing the account option. Here you will find your Internet menu where you can easily locate the router.
- Once you do this, you now have to select the View Device Info. This will allow you to see all the information about your Spectrum WiFi. You can easily save the username and password from here. You can also get the option to change your username and password from the steps mentioned here.
Cybercrimes are increasing every day and it has now become a serious threat to everyone who is using public WiFi Networks and then ending up in a mess. Getting your Network protected is the main thing that you need to focus on before you allow hackers to access your networks.
Thus it is always beneficial for you to change the username and the password of your Spectrum WiFi after you finish installing it. Making it secure means that you can rely on surfing the internet without any problems.
However, this may not just be all for you to keep your internet devices safe and secure. We advise you to opt for a Virtual Private Network to make it completely safe and secure. In case you are not opting for a VPN today, this guide on how to Change WiFi Password Spectrum will surely help you. However, if you are still facing problems, you can contact the Spectrum Customer Support or mention us here.