What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, Open a Support Ticket or enter information on our site.
Provide us with feedback on our products or services.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways::
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
How do we protect your information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards
How do we protect your information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards. We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers.
We use regular Malware Scanning
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since the browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off it will turn off some of the features of the site.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform IntegrationWe, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt-Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser
California Online Privacy Protection Act
See more at http://consumercal.org/california-online-privacy-protection-act-caloppa/#sthash.0FdRbT51.dpuf
According to COPPA, we agree to the following
Can change your personal information: By emailing us
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email –
- Within 7 business days
- We will notify the users via in-site notification.
- Within 7 business days
- We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can contact us.
Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Google Plus Comments
Facebook Comments Moderation
We collect the data related to the Facebook Comment you post, only from your consent that you grant before posting Facebook Comment on our website. This data includes your Facebook account name, the unique Facebook account identifier, a unique identifier associated to the posted Facebook comment, unique open graph object identifier of the webpage at which you posted the comment, unique identifier associated to the parent comment if you reply to an existing comment. This data is used to show recent Facebook Comments made all over our website and/or to show the old comments made at non-SSL web pages before we moved our website to SSL. You can revoke this consent at any time by sending us an email.
Facebook Comments Notifier
We send the Facebook Comment you post, to page/post author and/or website administrator via automated email, only from your consent that you grant before posting Facebook Comment at our website. This data includes just the Facebook comment posted by you.
Social Analytics for Sharing
Facebook Like, Facebook Recommend, Facebook Share official buttons
Twitter Tweet official button
GooglePlus, GooglePlus Share official buttons
Pinterest Save official button
Reddit Badge official button