If you are using your AT&T Uverse Router, you must opt to keep it safe and secure. Phishing threats can be everywhere around you. So it is very important to keep your router and the network secure. Well for this, you need to get into the AT&T Router and change the credentials so that you can completely keep it safe. If you do not know how this guide will help you to know all the AT&T Router login and changing credentials.
- Turn on the AT&T Router and connect it with your PC so that you can work with the router. Make sure that the router and the PC are on the same platform!
- Once you are connected on the same device, you need to open up a local web browser from the PC.
- Now, simply go to the URL and then type down 192.168.1.254 which will allow you to enter the default gateway of the admin page.
- Here, you will be asked to enter both the username and the password of the AT&T Router. If you have never changed the password, you can enter the default password to log in. However, if you do not know, you can enter the password as “attadmin”.
- Simply click on Login and you will be allowed to enter the admin and then lookup for the major details.
How to Reset AT&T Router?
If your router is not working properly and you are not being able to login, the only option left will be to completely reset the AT&T Uverse Router. The reset can be done manually and all that you need to do is to follow up a few simple steps which will help you to easily reset.
- To reset the device, you need to turn off all the cables at first. Make sure that the router is not connected with the PC.
- Now you and simply turn on the device that was connected to the router or the modem of the network.
- Locate the reset switch which is available on the AT&T Router. Mostly it should be located at the back of the router.
- Simply keep pressing the router for more than 10 to 15 seconds which you need to hold. After this, simply release the switch and your AT&T Router will be complete on in the RESET Mode. However, this will help you to get the default factory settings.
AT&T Router Troubleshooting
- To start the process, you need to remove the power cable from the back. Keep it turned off for a minute or 30 seconds to cool down the router.
- The next thing that you need to do is to find out the AT&T Router Troubleshooting IP address. You can open up the run box and then open up the command prompt. Type in ‘ipconfig’ and you will be able to get the default IP address.
- The next thing that you need to do is to hold the Reset button for more than 15 seconds to go to the factory settings. This will help you to get back the default user and the password which you can use for your requirements. Also, if you want to change your AT&T password then we have a latest article.
- Once you finish up the troubleshooting process, you need to connect to the router again and then proceed with the next steps. Once you complete the connectivity, make sure that you can check the established connections again and check for the IP.
Useful AT&T Router Tips
- If you do not know the password or you have changed it, you can always connect the PC with the Ethernet cable. However, this is only possible if you have a LAN Port with the router.
- If you are connected to the AT&T Router, you do not have to know the technical skills to find your IP. You simply have to open up the local browser to search for your IP.
- If you are connecting to a new network, your IP details will be configured according to a new network option. So try to note it down when you need to change and configure with new details. It will help you to get back to the initial settings if you are facing problems.
If you are facing problems with your AT&T Uverse Router, it is a great thing to completely reset the AT&T Router and then configure again. Once you can log in to the admin, the first thing that you need to look for is to change the admin username and the password.
Changing the credentials initially always allow you to secure the network and also gets you the proper security for your PC. You can follow the tips mentioned above to get a complete guide on the AT&T Router Login.