Looking for an efficient router? Not necessary you spend huge bucks on buying one as you can sure get a reliable deal under 50$! Even with such a limited budget, you can get a simple router that effectively connects to the internet and allows seamless content streaming, online browsing, downloading, administering social media accounts, and to some extent gaming.
To let you easily pick a powerful design under this price bracket, we have compiled detailed reviews of the 10 best routers under 50$ available right now in the market. Our experts have also delineated a really helpful buying guide, which will let you pick the best choice easily.
So, check what all we have for you!
1. TP-Link N450 Wi-Fi Router – Best Overall
First, we have a super performer, which delivers great performance in each and every manner. It is perfect for bandwidth intensive tasks such as VoIP, HD video streaming, and online gaming, ensuring you always have the best experience.
Based on 802.11n technology standards, it delivers 15 time faster speed and 5 times better range. All because of its three powerful antennas that offer increased stability and coverage,
Why is it Unique
With this TP-Link router, you can stream, game, and perform on a reliable network. It lets you enjoy lag-free video watching, gaming, and smooth performing of all kinds of online activities. You can easily share videos, music, images, and files over the network using its four fast Ethernet ports.
It lets you set up Wi-Fi that works exactly for you. You can set limits on when and how the devices can connect while keeping your children safe with advanced parental controls. Moreover, you can offer every device the bandwidth it requires, controlling traffic and setting limits with IP-Based QoS.
This router impressed buyers with its easy setup and great reception. They find it a very good device that allows them to use multiple devices at once and stream videos without experiencing issues. They find it the best wireless router for the price.
It is a great router for establishing a strong network within your home where you want to connect numerous devices at once. You must go for it if you want an overall sound performer without resulting in any major issues.
- Wireless N speed up to 450Mbps, ideal for bandwidth-intensive tasks like HD video streaming, VoIP, and online gaming....
- 802.11n technology, 15x faster with 5x the range of 802. 11g, Three antennas for increased coverage and stability,...
- IP based bandwidth control allows you to determine how much bandwidth is allotted to each device, WPS button for...
- Parental Controls to manage Internet access on children's or employees's computers, Industry-leading 2-year and...
2. NETGEAR Wi-Fi Router R6080 AC1000 Dual Band – Fast Performance
The R6080 Wi-Fi router allows you to conveniently upgrade the Wi-Fi coverage and experience. It comes with dual band streaming and high-powered antennas offering reliable and fast connectivity to every area of the house.
It is built for quick streaming up to 1000 Mbps to let you easily perform demanding activities like gaming and HD streaming. You can intelligently select between dual bands to reduce interference and enhance speed for smoothly connecting wireless devices.
Why is it Unique
It is a great router that connects up to 15 devices. It allows you to reliably play games, surf the internet, stream videos, and easily connect smart home devices. Using this lets you get up to 1000 square feet wireless coverage and conveniently upgrade the Wi-Fi experience.
The secured Wi-Fi connections allow you to protect the network with high-level WPA/WPA2 wireless security, firewall protection, and the potential to create the separate guest network from home and private information.
The buyers liked the convenient parental controls and Nighthawk app support of the router that let them effortlessly manage web filtering, website access, and other aspects. They found it very easy to use and its four Ethernet ports offered fast internet connections to their devices.
The router upgrades the Wi-Fi support and the app allows you to conveniently set up the router and get most of your network. It is perfect for medium to large houses.
- FAST WiFi PERFORMANCE: Get up to 1000 sq ft wireless coverage with AC1000 speed (Dual band up to 300 + 700 Mbps)
- RECOMMENDED FOR UP TO 15 DEVICES: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices.
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x...
- SAFE & SECURE: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest WiFi access, DoS, Firewall, VPN, and more.
3. TP-Link A750 Wireless Portable Nano Travel – Best Portability
Available in a small and compact design, this Wi-Fi router by TP-Link is a travel-friendly solution to all your connectivity problems. It is lightweight and establishes a strong Wi-Fi network through Ethernet.
With its dual band functionality, it renders fast and strong connection for HD streaming on all your devices. You can easily perform all kinds of online activities with ease.
Why is it Unique
Equipped with next generation Wi-Fi standards, 802.11ac, this wireless router offers faster wireless N speeds and delivers a combined data transfer speed of up to 733 Mbps. Hence, you can efficiently perform multiple applications simultaneously.
Its unique aspect is that it comes with a multi-functional USB port that enables convenient sharing of media and files through the internet browser with distinct computers. The USB port can offer power supply to distinct devices like tablets or smartphones, making it simple to charge while you travel.
For buyers it is a fully-functional router in a compact package. It takes very little space and comes with rich connectivity options. The appearance is clean and nice and it comes with a quick start guide that allows easy management of the unit.
It is a compact and travel-friendly design that can be easily placed into your pocket. Hence, you secure internet access wherever you go. The compact USB power supply comes with a built-in adapter making it ideal for those who live life on the go.
- Travel Sized Design: Conveniently small and light to pack and take on the road, creating Wi Fi network via Ethernet
- Dual Band AC750 Wi Fi: Strong, fast connection for HD streaming on all your devices
- One Switch for Multiple Modes: Perfect for Wi Fi at Home, your hotel room or on the road
- Flexible Power: Micro USB port to an adapter, portable charger or laptop
4. ASUS RT-N12 N300 Wi-Fi Router 2T2R MIMO Technology – Amazing Customization Capabilities
Next, we have this amazing router by Asus, which delivers fast and reliable speeds on both wireless and wired network connections for your office or home environment. Equipped with 2T2R MIMO technology and two detachable high-gain antennas, it utilizes the latest antenna and innovation for range extension and wireless coverage. As a result, you can conveniently stream 4K HD videos, make VoIP calls, and perform other important tasks online.
This router is praised for delivering exceptional network connection and specializes in offering wonderful signal range for reliability and speed on the wireless network. It comes with Advanced High Power technology and boosts signal strength.
Why is it Unique
Offering multiple account control and rich customization capabilities, this router lets you establish a Wi-Fi setup exactly as per your choice. You can customize up to 4 wireless networking accounts. The exclusive privacy control for each user limits access to particular websites and allows you to set a limit for the maximum bandwidth utilization for each account.
Its powerful Software EZ switch on the router’s back allows easy and quick switching between router, access point modes, and repeater. Also, you can switch modes using its graphical user interface right from the browser. With this router in hand, you experience no hassles and delays in every situation.
It is a well-engineered design in an affordable price range. The buyers find it extremely easy to configure including guest network configuration. It is not suitable for HD streaming but is very high-quality.
With this device, setup is a breeze. You need to simply connect and power the router and open the browser. It offers excellent coverage along with rich customization capabilities allowing you to establish your preferred network setup.
- Multiple 3 in 1 Router/Access Point /Range Extender wireless modes
- 4 SSIDs help manage bandwidth allocation and access control
- Powerful Online Multi tasking, throughput up to 300Mbps
- 2 detachable 5dBi antennas for more powerful and wider coverage
5. Tenda AC1200 Dual Band Wi-Fi Router – Best Speed
If you are looking for a dual band router that is proven to deliver the fastest speed, then this one is surely a great bet. Ideal for smart home networking, it boasts a concurrent dual-band wireless data transfer speed of up to 1167 Mbps.
Equipped with powerful amplifiers, four external antennas, and Beamforming technology it serves you with uninterrupted video streaming and lag-free gaming experience.
Why is it Unique
The most unique feature of this device is its Wi-Fi schedule functionality that automatically turns off and on Wi-Fi for reducing power consumption. It brings smart internet connectivity to the entire family ensuring you gain the most reliable Wi-Fi network anywhere in your house.
Based on 802.11 ac dual band standards, it offers you with stable and fast Wi-Fi connections and lets you enjoy awesome internet experience with less interference on 5 GHz band. When you run both the bands, more points can be connected at a time.
The 4 LAN ports of this device allowed buyers to secure fast and smooth wired connections. It comes with Tenda Wi-Fi app support that allows users to easily manage its features. The industry level password encryption allows secured and safe internet connection for the entire family.
With this router, you enjoy massive online games and smooth HD videos. It is perfect for superior HD streaming and gaming experience. Its 4 omni-directional antennas with MU-MIMO and beamforming technology offer high speed internet throughout the house and offer seamless coverage for up to 2000 square feet.
- Get lightning quick connections for all your wireless devices by upgrading to Tenda's enhanced 1200 Mbps high speed Wi...
- Link up to 20 wireless devices like the Google assistant, Alexa and various steaming devices, simultaneously, while...
- 4 omni directional antennas with beamforming and Mu Mimo technology, deliver high speed internet throughout your home...
- Manage your network from anywhere with the fun to use Tenda Wi fi app and access helpful tools like our parent friendly...
6. Medialink AC1200 Wireless Gigabit Router – Great Value For Price
This router by Medialink is an eye-pleasing design packed with advanced safety features like wireless security and robust firewall. It offers ten times more speed than any other router offering you 1,000 Mbps for lag-free gaming and 4K video streaming.
Having this gives you complete control over your network. You can turn off the internet whenever you want and create separate network access for the guests to enjoy an amazing online experience with full security.
Why is it Unique
It is a wonderful design in a simple setup and user-friendly instructions. High compatibility with any internet service provider and modem make this router an ideal choice for every home. You can connect up to 20 devices at the same time without witnessing any interruptions.
The great thing is that it can be used as a range extender too. So, if you already have a router and simply want to boost the performance, you can include it in your setup. Equipped with Beamforming technology covers bigger homes by focusing the Wi-Fi signal directly to the devices.
The buyers find it super easy to use and setup. It is an excellent Wi-Fi for them that can be turned off easily when not in use. They liked that it includes VPN too. The range is awesome!
Quickly access stored music and photos across devices. It comes with the latest safety features, to let you enjoy complete privacy and make sure that your family stays safe. Admins and parents can manage and control internet bandwidth and filtering for devices.
- 10X’S THE SPEED: Most routers in this price range have only “Fast Ethernet” ports that max out at 100Mbps. Our...
- RANGE: Beamforming and 2 high powered antennas work together to cover larger homes by focusing the wireless signal...
- SAFE: Robust firewall and wireless security keeps out unwanted visitors while Guest Network access gives a separate safe...
- FULL CONTROL: Are the router lights too bright? Turn them off! Are your kids staying online too late at night? Restrict...
7. Linksys N300 Wi-Fi Wireless Router – Most Advanced Settings
Gain access to reliable and fast Wi-Fi coverage in your house with this wonderful router by Linksys. Offering an amazing speed of up to 300 Mbps and advanced functionalities like MU-MIMO antenna technology and others, it boosts the Wi-Fi signal strength to offer exceptional reliability and coverage. Hence, you are able to easily establish a reliable home wireless network for video and music streaming.
It comes with four fast Ethernet ports that allow connecting HDTVs and other units directly to the router. The advanced safety protocols always protect your data. Also, you can create a unique network for guests and set parental controls. The setup is simple with CD installation.
Why is it Unique
It features wireless-N technology with two internal antennas and MU-MIMO capabilities allowing data transfer of up to 300 Mbps. You are able to listen to music, stream videos, play online games, and perform other tasks with ease.
The Wi-Fi setup stays always protected and keeps your network safe allowing you to establish a dedicated network for outsiders. Getting this router up and running is absolutely simple. You can insert the installation CD into the disk drive and it gets going.
Most of the buyers consider it a reliable and good router, which is super convenient to install and set up. They liked its rich customer support service and durable build.
We recommend this router to small families with limited numbers of members. It comes with standard features and a few advanced settings, which makes it ideal for those who want reliable connectivity everyday but don’t have to perform too intensive tasks.
- Enjoy the benefits of Wireless-N300 (802.11n) in your home ideal for surfing the web, emailing and printing wirelessly
- Connect your computers, wireless printers, smartphones, and other wireless devices at up to 300 Mbps transfer speed
- Enjoy broad wireless coverage provided by MIMO antenna technology
- Use four Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps) ports to directly connect wired devices
8. TP-Link N300 Wireless Extender Wi-Fi Router – Best For Everyday Use
This is another great router by TP-Link that comes with Wireless N speed of up to 300 Mbps perfect for applications like online gaming, web browsing, video streaming, and multi-tasking.
It comes with two 5dBi antennas that greatly enhance the wireless stability and robustness. The convenient setup assistant offers hassle-free and quick installation.
Why is it Unique
It features parental control functions managing the internet access of users or children. The IP based bandwidth controls enable administrators to determine the total bandwidth allotted to each internet device and PC.
The fast Ethernet ports of 10/100 Mbps enables you to connect to the wired devices. It is backward compatible with 802.11b/g products and is backed with rich technical support.
Worth the money! As per the buyers it is one of the top-notch devices within this price bracket. The signal is amazing and everywhere and it is extremely fast. It works great for those with an internet package of 300mbps or less.
It is an excellent router that optimally meets all your essentials. It gives you the desired speed to watch videos, stream music, and browse the internet. Far-reaching and stable connectivity with Wi-Fi access controls make it a great device for every home.
9. D-Link Wireless N 300 Mbps Home Cloud App-Enabled – Remote Network Monitoring
With this router, you get 14 times more speed than Wireless G routers. It offers reliable coverage and performance allowing you to secure full ease while playing your favorite game or watching your preferred movies.
Setting up and running this router is very easy. It is because it comes with the QRS mobile app support. It allows you to monitor the network remotely because it is supported by a Smartphone app.
Why is it Unique
The most unique feature of this unit is the mydlink Service, which enables user control, push events, view real time browsing history and remotely disconnect and connect computer devices from the network.
High compatibility of this device is another great addition of this router. It works with all Wi-Fi certified devices, offering you reliable performance every time you are online. The four fast Ethernet ports deliver fast device connectivity ensuring you get the best experience always.
The buyers like this router, which is really cheap and nice. They find it very easy to set up and gain sound signal strength. The robust security features let them enjoy a protected internet browsing experience with no issues relating to reliability or bandwidth.
It is an ideal router for those looking for rich wireless performance. It is extremely reliable and offers great range, which makes it best fit for home users.
- N300 Technology : Performance and reliable coverage for everyday web activities; 14x speed of Wireless G routers
- Simple Setup : Get your router up and running in minutes with the QRS Mobile App
- Remote network monitoring with free Smartphone app
- mydlink Service for Push Event, User Control, View Real time Browsing History, and Remotely Connect and Disconnect...
10. NETGEAR N750 Dual Band 4 Port Wi-Fi – Best Dual Band Router
If you want uninterrupted network connectivity, reliable speed, and ease of running multiple applications at once, this router by Netgear is an ultimate choice. It renders the reliability and speed required to perform distinct applications like multiple HD video streaming, multiplayer gaming, and a secured connection.
It offers a range for medium to big homes and faster Wi-Fi up to 750 Mbps. The simultaneous dual bands reduce interruptions for better connections to more Wi-Fi devices. The advanced QoS optimizes internet experience for smooth gaming and HD streaming.
Why is it Unique
The NETGEAR genie app is the most unique feature of this device. This app makes installation effortless. With this app, you can easily connect, control, and monitor the home network from any device.
The advanced security features like web filtering, parental controls, and guest network access ensures your private network and information is always protected. If you are looking for a decent performer with VPN support, this router is definitely a great buy.
The buyers find it overall a good router that works great. It is a great and tough machine offering excellent range, ease of use, awesome speed, and advanced security.
A perfect choice for small homes, this router lets you enjoy incredible performance even when all your family members connect their device simultaneously. It comes in a sleek, slim design and perfectly fits to every home décor.
- Faster WiFi speed 300 + 450 - up to 750Mbps
- Improves WiFi range for medium to large homes
- Wirelessly access and share USB Hard Drive and Printer
- IPv6 Compatible-Future-proof your network
Buying Guide To Pick The Best Wireless Router Under 50$
When looking to buy a router, there are numerous things you need to consider. We have outlined the most important aspects you must take into account to gain an easy buying experience.
1. Antenna – Routers come with single, dual, or multiple antennas, which offer extended coverage. Routers with numerous antennas can project connectivity in distinct directions and ensure you have no dead spots in your house. So, depending on the coverage extension you need, you may pick a router.
2. Protocol – Protocol refers to the Wi-Fi standards. It is best to select a router with modern Wi-Fi standards as they are capable of offering you high speed.
3. Ports – Most routers offer distinct sorts of ports on the router’s panel like WAN ports, LAN ports, Ethernet ports, eSATA ports, USB ports, and others. While other ports are optional, LAN and WAN ports are essential. Make sure your router comes with Gigabit Ethernet ports and fast Ethernet ports.
4. Bands – Routers can be dual-band, tri-band, or single band. A higher band means it can accommodate a larger group of devices in one network. Check for the type of band most of your devices require before finalizing a router.
5. QoS – This stands for Quality of Service, which enables the router to offer additional bandwidth to specific applications, at the cost of other applications. A router with default setting distributes bandwidth equally. But this function permits to prioritize applications over others and is good for gaming.
6. Security – Routers with advanced security features like parental controls and guest networks adds high convenience to the usage. They allow you to place parental controls on the network. Guest network lets you have an independent network with different passwords. This way, you can keep your network protected from unwanted use.
7. Beamforming – With beamforming, you can direct the power of your router in a general direction, which extends the range drastically. It is useful to eliminate dead zones in a house.
8. MU-MIMO – Multiple-user-multiple-input-multiple-output technology imparts strength to the selected devices. It is useful when you want to connect devices in a space far away.
Why You Must Buy A Router Under 50$?
It’s true that buying an expensive router gives you access to faster speed and better compatibility with modern devices. However, you must invest in an expensive device only when you need to perform serious gaming or professional activities. If you simply want to enhance the network connection at your home, it is wise to invest in a budget-friendly router within 50$.
Remember, fastest, biggest and expensive routers are designed to serve busiest spaces. If you live in a small apartment, or a single person, you probably don’t have to invest in an expensive router. Hence, it is worth buying a router under an affordable range.
Factors To Consider For Buying A Router Under 50$
- Coverage Area And Range
The most important thing to remember is that budget routers don’t offer a lot of range. Most of them are designed for a condo, apartment, or a small space. If you have a big home, the best solution is to establish a mesh Wi-Fi system, which is quite pricey.
To secure strong connection within a budget you can use budget-friendly routers as wireless access points that allow running Ethernet cables around the home.
- Wireless Frequency And Standards
Understanding the difference between wireless frequencies and Wi-Fi standards is essential while picking a wireless router as it can help you save a lot of money on frequencies and bands that you don’t require.
Routers come with triple, single, or dual bands holding distinct frequencies to operate at. Most of the single band routers function at 2.4 GHz frequency and support 802.11n standards. They are decent performers and backward compatible with previous standards, which are quite slower.
Routers with dual bands function at 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies respectively. They are better than single band routers and allow easy switching between the bands. But they may lead to network congestion at times.
The triple band routers combat all these limitations and offer better Wi-Fi functionality. They run on one 2.4 GHz and two 5 GHz bands and can provide multi-gigabit performance. They are prone to less interference and offer better coverage, but are quite expensive.
When considering the speed, you need to check the performance rating of a router. This rating is notified with a number and a letter, like N700 or AC2300. These refer to the topmost Wi-Fi standards supported by the router and the maximum total speed it can handle. For multi-brand routers, these are combined speeds shared across bands.
Just ensure you pick a router that is faster than your home internet connection as it will offer you uninterrupted performance speed. If your home internet supports only 25Mbps download speed, buying a high-speed router will not do any improvement.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How much should I spend on a router?
A1. There are a lot of modems and routers available in different budgets. It is better to spend money as per the features and functionalities you get from your router.
Q2. Can I just buy a router and have the internet?
A2. No, it does not work that way. A router just offers you the wireless signals from the ISP or Ethernet cable that allows connecting to the internet wirelessly.
Q3. How long do routers last?
A3. Considering the current pace of change, the average lifespan of a router is about five years. Upgrading it regularly makes sure you are able to always access the best performance and features without unwanted side-grades.
Q4. How does a better router make a difference?
A4. A better router can enhance latency to a certain extent. A faster and better router can enhance the connection from the ISP’s modem connection to the console or computer, either over Wi-Fi or with a more secure Ethernet connection.
Q5. What makes a good router?
A5. A good router must meet all your requirements. It must have enough RAM and must allow easy processing of everything as fast as possible. You can check some better performing routers in the article Best Router under 100$.
Best Wifi Router Under 50$: Conclusion
Buying a cheap router is quite easy. Whether you want to upgrade your existing system or want to establish a new setup, you will find a wide array of available options. Go ahead and select the best option that best suits your budget, needs, and design.
You can also consider any of our listed options of best routers under 50$ as all of them are proven to deliver overall exceptional performance. The best thing is that it is very easy to connect and manage these routers.
Enjoy great shopping!
Last update on 2021-10-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API