If the broadcasting signal is located far from your house and your regular antenna doesn’t have a strong enough reception, then you might have to pay a huge amount to your TV subscriber to watch channels. But you can save yourself from this expense by purchasing a long range TV antenna outdoor.
A long-range outdoor antenna can pick up signals from a longer distance compared to regular antennas. Buying an antenna is going to be a one-time investment and will save you a lot of money. However, finding the best long range TV antenna is a demanding job. You have to go through numerous antennas and research a lot.
To save you from the trouble of spending hours trying to find a suitable antenna, we have compiled a list of the 7 best long range outdoor TV antennas. These are the long-range antennas that, according to the users, are the best in the market.
1. Channel Master EXTREMEtenna Long Range Multi-Directional Outdoor TV Antenna – 80 Mile Range – Preassembled – Install on Rooftop or Attic | CM-4228HD – Top Pick
Channel Master is one of the well-known brands when it comes to antennas since 1949. This antenna by Channel Master is one of their best products. It is a perfect combination of all the great features of an antenna.
It can receive both UHF and VHF within the range of 80 miles. The manufacturers have made sure that this antenna has adequate durability to withstand whatever climate throws at it. The best part of all is that you get all these features and more at a very reasonable price.
Why is it unique?
This is a multi directional antenna which implies that it has a reception range of 80 miles in a span of 180 degrees. It is delivered pre-assembled. Thus, setting it up is simple.
Only high-grade materials have been used in making this product to ensure an enhanced performance for a long time. Moreover, you can watch a multitude of channels in high definition with this antenna.
Also, this antenna is much more compact in size compared to other antennas that offer the same features.
The buyers believe that this is a phenomenal product. It came pre-assembled, thus, much easier to install.
The wide reception range helped the customers who live far away from broadcast towers view channels in HD without any interruption. Also, it is wind and rain resistant. All in all, this product is a great choice.
Best fit for
If the broadcasting signals in your house are blocked by some obstacles such as trees or other buildings, then this antenna might be the one that can solve your problems.
- Enjoy the Most Popular HDTV Channels and Your Favorite TV Shows for Free with no Subscription Fees
- Supports Uncompressed 1080i HDTV Broadcasts for the Highest Quality Video and Audio Available (Better than Cable &...
- Multi-Directional (180 Degree Reception Span) with 80+ Mile Range
- Compact Size Allows for Easy Installation on Roof, Chimney, Eave, Wall, Attic, Balcony, etc.
2. U MUST HAVE Amplified HD Digital TV Antenna Long 180 Miles Range – Support 4K 1080p Fire tv Stick and All Older TV’s – Indoor Smart Switch Amplifier Signal Booster – 18ft Coax HDTV Cable/AC Adapter – Best Design
If you are done with the traditional outdoor television antennas and want a product that uses advanced technology, then this is the product you might like. Equipped with the latest technology, this antenna is uniquely designed.
One can mount this antenna indoors on walls, windows, etc. Plus, it has a super long range of 180 miles which is hard to find in any antenna. Also, the audio and video quality of this TV antenna are better than most.
Why is it unique?
This antenna by U MUST HAVE truly a must-have product. It has a range of 180 miles and can provide video quality in 4K Ultra HD and 1080 HD. Setting up this product is pretty easy and can be done without professional help.
18 feet of coaxial cable is included with the antenna. Just set up the antenna and scan to find out what channels you can get access to. This antenna has a high gain and superior performance.
According to the buyers, this antenna is worth its price. The users had never faced any issue with the device. The picture and audio quality are amazing. Also, the coaxial cable is included in the package. Now, you do not have to pay triple-digit to watch local TV channels in full HD.
Best fit for
This is a great choice for anyone who wants a high-tech antenna that is simple to set up. As it can be set indoors, you also save money.
- FULL HD CHANNELS: With Our TV antenna no more need to pay a HUGE bill on TV. Our HD antenna can receive FULL HD Channels...
- FULL HD CRYSTAL-CLEAR TV & HD SOUND QUALITY: Our smart tv antenna adopts upgraded with new Generation Smart Switch...
- UP TO 250 MILES RANGE: The indoor HDTV antenna can reach up to 250 miles and can be placed almost anywhere in your Home....
- 18 FT LONG COAXIAL CABLE & USB POWER ADAPTER: Makes amplified antenna easier for you to place it in your house to get...
3. 1byone TV Antenna, 50 Mile Range Amplified HDTV Antenna with Detachable Amplifier Signal Booster, USB Power Supply, and 10 Feet Highest Performance Coaxial Cable-Black – Most Easy to Set Up
We all can agree that traditional TV antennas may look ugly sometimes. However, we now have antennas that look nothing like antennas. For instance, the OUS00-0186 by 1byone. This antenna is in the shape of a sleek and lightweight box.
One can set this antenna indoors as well as outdoors easily. It has a reception range of 50 miles and gives you access to a wide number of channels of good quality. Plus, it has an amplifier signal booster that can be detached as per the need of the user.
Why is it unique?
This has a unique thin design which makes it easy to mount behind your TV so that it remains out of sight. Additionally, it can even be painted to match the decor of your house.
The paint will not affect its performance in any way. It is resistant to moisture and sun. Thus, it can be installed anywhere. Setting it up is a simple three-step process. Moreover, a 10 feet long coax cable is included with the purchase.
The characteristic of this antenna that people liked is its modern design. The contemporary design not only improves its appearance but also allows greater convenience in installing it. The buyers also state that this works smoothly and efficiently. Therefore, they highly recommend it.
Best fit for
If you are very particular about home decor and want an antenna that fits right into it, then this antenna might be ideal for you.
- Free for Life - Never pay expensive cable or satellite fees again! 1byone TV Antenna can pull in all of your local news,...
- High Performing Slim Design - Slim, soft and lightweight so you can hide it behind the TV, lay it flat on the table or...
- Included Detachable Amplifier - Use the amplifier for the tv antenna’s full 50 mile range, or remove it for better...
- 10FT Long Cable and USB Power - The long cable makes it easy to place the tv antenna in the best reception spot in your...
4. Xtreme Signal Long Range Yagi Style VHF/UHF HDTV Antenna (HDB91X) – Best For Rural Areas
This is an outdoor antenna by Xtreme that has many great features. It has a long-range of 70 miles. With this outdoor TV antenna, you can have access to a number of HD channels without paying any additional cost.
Also, with easy-to-follow instructions, one can easily install this antenna on their own. These antennas are created by specialists to ensure that they deliver outstanding performance to their customers.
Why is it unique?
Xtreme signal long-range antenna is a Yagi style antenna. It is capable of picking both UHF and VHF frequencies. Resultantly, this antenna provides superior audio and video quality. Also, the manufacturers have tried to keep the price as affordable as possible.
With reflectors, the interference is minimized. Any user can install this antenna conveniently. Furthermore, to withstand the different elements of weather, it has many weatherproof features.
This product has impressed the buyers with its performance. Buyers had no issue in setting this antenna, and it worked perfectly.
The users were able to view channels in high quality without any interference. Therefore, one can invest in this reliable outdoor antenna without hesitation.
Best fit for
If you need an antenna that can pick up a signal from 70 miles away and also provide access to HD channels, then this is the antenna you should consider.
- High-gain design allows for 70+ miles reception for UHF and 25 Miles for High Band VHF ensuring you get the most free HD...
- Mounting hardware is compatible with masts 1.6" outer diameter and smaller. Also allows you to adjust antenna angle
- Uses built-in transformer for direct 75 ohm (coax) connection, that is more weather proof than the old style, pigtail...
- Strong back reflector reduces interference from the back giving you better overall signal
5. Antennas Direct 8-Element Bowtie TV Antenna, 70 Miles Range, Multi-directional, Indoor, Attic, Outdoor Applications, Special Bracket to Turn Both Panels, All-Weather Mounting Hardware, Adjustable Mast Clamp, 4K Ready, Silver – DB8e – DB8-E – Best Durability
This is a bow-style antenna. What is so special about this bowtie antenna is that it can deliver double the power while being half times smaller than conventional bowtie antennas. The DB8e is suitable for people living in rural areas.
The ideal place for mounting this is outdoors or the attic. With all-weather mounting hardware, it is able to work perfectly even during bad weather conditions. Moreover, it has a range of 70 miles.
Why is it unique?
It is a long range multi directional tv antenna that implies that it can receive signals from multiple directions. This allows the user to view more channels.
The picture quality is always as it can support channels in 1080p HD. With a gain of 17.4dBi, it is one of the most powerful antennas in the market. Also, with the reflector, the interference is minimized.
The buyers are very satisfied with the performance of this antenna. Just as advertised, this is a compact yet powerful antenna. The buyers faced no issue once this antenna was set up. Hence, they would definitely recommend it to others.
Best fit for
This is a versatile antenna. If you believe that the range of this antenna is sufficient, then you can consider it.
- 70+ mile range 8-element bowtie includes special brackets to turn both antenna panels [note- location and obstructions...
- Receive free TV from networks like ABC CBS NBC Fox CW PBS Univision MeTV and more in FullHD 1080 where available
- Multi-purpose arrangement provides flexibility and easy installation in areas with stations in different directions Beam...
- Includes DB8e Antenna all-weather mounting hardware and instructions (mount and coaxial cable sold separately)
6. Antennas Direct Clearstream 4 TV Antenna, 70+ Mile Range, UHF, Multi-Directional, Indoor, Attic, Outdoor, Mast W/Pivoting Base/Hardware/Adjustable Clamp/Sealing Pads, 4K Ready, Black – C4-CJM – Best Price
Antennas Direct provides a budget-friendly alternative to paying a monthly subscription fee. However, we often believe that a lower price is synonymous with just average features. But this is not the case with this antenna.
The C4-CJM has brilliant features and a powerful performance despite costing less compared to some other brands. With a reception range of 70 miles, it provides channels in superior picture quality such as 1080 HD and even 4 K.
Why is it unique?
The loop design of the antenna allows a better signal reception while the reflectors help minimize interference. This results in better and stable picture quality. This comes with complete mounting hardware.
Thus, an easier installation process. Due to it being multi-directional, you watch more channels at no additional cost. Moreover, it is very robust. You can even paint it with the color of your choice.
The customers state that this antenna works just as advertised. It was a breeze to install it. The unique loop design of the antenna made it much more efficient in receiving signals.
The picture quality was always good. Plus, they got all these features at a feasible price. Resultantly making this one of their favorites.
Best fit for
It is suitable for someone who lives in rural areas and wants an antenna that can pick up signals despite the presence of trees and other things that may block the signals.
- Best performance among all Antennas rated in the 70 Mile category [note: location, obstructions, and building materials...
- Receive free TV from networks like ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, CW, PBS, Univision, MeTV and more in FullHD 1080 where available
- Multi-directional elements deliver range and reception in less than ideal locations
- Includes clear stream 4 antenna, 20in mount, all-weather mounting hardware, and instructions (coaxial cable sold...
7. TV Antenna – Amplified HD Digital Indoor TV Antenna 250 Miles Long Range – Support 4K 1080p Fire tv Stick and All Tvs with Smart Indoor Amplifier Signal Booster for VHF UHF Channels – 17ft Coax Cable – Best Long Range Digital Antenna
Sixth on our list is the 15-130 TV antenna. This provides a maximum range of 250 miles that is rarely available in any other antenna. With an amplifier signal booster, the range of the antenna can be adjusted as per the needs of the user.
It has a sleek and classic design. The performance of this product is as great as its design. The picture quality is crystal clear. It can support 4K picture quality as well. Therefore, with this antenna, you can enjoy premium channels at no subscription cost.
Why is it unique?
The sleek design of this antenna makes the setup easier. With a range as long as 200 miles, you can enjoy more channels than any other antenna can provide.
A 17 feet coax cable comes with the antenna so that the user can set it in the optimum position even if it’s far from the television. Remember to mount in a place that is free from interference from hairdryers, microwaves, etc., to get the best results.
The most outstanding feature of this antenna is its long-range. The users could get access to a wide number of news channels, sports channels, and other types of channels in high definition even if the broadcasting towers are located far from them. Hence, making it a great antenna.
Best fit for
It is designed for anyone who lives very far away from broadcasting towers. With this antenna, you will not have the need to buy huge antennas that are much harder to set up on the roofs.
Factors To Consider While Purchasing An Antenna
In the following section, we are going to describe the key factors that should be considered in a long-range outdoor antenna.
These factors will help you find a product which is not only good in general but also fits your requirements. Therefore, one should not overlook its importance.
The range is one of the most important factors. Longer the range means that the antenna will be able to receive better signals from broadcasting signals. It is always better to buy an outdoor antenna with a longer range than you require so that the signal strength is good.
Therefore, check that the antenna you are buying has sufficient range depending on the distance of your house from the broadcasting towers.
2. Omni-directional or single directional
An omnidirectional is another name for a multi-directional antenna. It is the antenna that can receive signals from multiple directions at the same time. This lets you watch more channels than a single directional antenna. Single directional antennas point to one direction only. Therefore, it can receive fewer signals.
Multi-directional antennas are costlier than single directional antennas. However, they are also a better option because you get access to more channels. Thus, people usually buy multi-directional antennas. Although, if you feel a single-directional antenna is adequate for you, there are many good single-directional antennas to choose from.
There are two kinds of frequencies that is broadcasted by the towers. These are Ultra-high frequencies (UHF) and Very-high frequencies (VHF). An antenna that can receive both frequencies is considered better.
Most antennas are now designed to pick up both frequencies. However, there are some antennas that can only receive either UHF or VHF frequencies. Therefore, do check that you get an antenna that is capable of receiving both kinds of frequencies.
If you are thinking of installing the antenna on your own, then ease of installation should be your priority. Installing an antenna is not always a breeze that is the reason sometimes you have to hire a professional to get the job done.
But that is going to cost you a lot of money. And if you want to save that money and install it yourself then you have to make sure that the antenna you are choosing has proper equipment and comes with clear instructions so that you have no issue in installing it.
Price is yet another important factor of the buying guide. The price range of outdoor antennas is wide. There are expensive as well as inexpensive antennas available. Expensive outdoor antennas may include some advanced features like pre-assembled parts for easy installation, a remote controller, and more.
An inexpensive antenna, on the other hand, has only basic features. But even they are able to provide outstanding performance. Thus, it depends entirely on your budget which one you should buy.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
Q1. How can I get access to more channels from my antenna?
A1. No matter how good your antenna is, if it is not at the optimum position, you will not be able to view more channels. Rather than simply setting up anywhere, here are some tips you can follow which may help you view more channels than before.
The first and the most important tip is to mount the antenna as high as possible. This is the reason antennas are mostly mounted on rooftops. This way, the antenna does not face obstruction from roofing material and more.
If you are setting it indoors, try different locations and do not stick to one place. It is recommended to mount on the windows. Lastly, and probably the most obvious, place the antenna towards the direction of the broadcasting towers.
Q2. Should I set up an antenna outdoor or indoor?
A2. It is always recommended to mount the antenna outdoors. Antennas faceless obstruction and interference outdoors. Also, it depends on the signal strength in your house. If the broadcasting towers are within the range of 15 miles, you can consider mounting an antenna indoors. But you will have to make sure that the location of the antenna indoors is optimum.
Q3. Can I install an antenna on my own?
A3. Yes, you can install an antenna on your own. However, it depends on certain factors. First, if you are mounting it on the rooftop, you should be comfortable with heights.
Read the setup instructions carefully and take the help of online videos if you need them. Make sure you know what the optimum position and direction for the antenna are.
Though most brands now manufacture antennas that are easy to set up, it can still be a tricky task for first-timers. Therefore, if you feel that you are not able to do it correctly, feel free to take the help of a professional.
Buying an antenna is probably the best decision. It has many advantages to it. First, you only have to pay for the antenna once rather than paying a monthly subscription fee. This will save you a lot of money in the long run.
Second, if you get the right antenna, you can access channels in high picture quality, maybe even up to 4K. We hope that the information provided in this article gave you an insight about what should be antennas you can consider while looking for the best long range outdoor tv antenna.
Last update on 2021-10-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API